Thursday, July 8, 2010

Eat Your Veggies

After talking about community supported agriculture here, I did absolutely nothing. I kept meaning to sign up and never did, until last week! This is the first time in my life I'm actually excited to pick up a box of vegetables! Partly because it's a surprise each week with what they pack the box with and because its a healthy option in my diet. I ended up going through Maltby Produce Market because they're close to my house, convenient to pick up produce, and their pricing was better. So for $25 this week I received the following...



Salad Mix
Strawberries
Cherry Tomatoes
Mint
Bunching Onions
Broccoli
Zucchini
Carrots
Yellow Potatoes
Onions
Arugula
Baby Bok Choy
Red Leaf Lettuce
Kale
Biscayne Peppers
Homemade Strawberry Freezer Jam


I also picked up fresh tiger prawns from Tim's Seafood and I think tonight we'll have Marinated Barbecue Prawns with Summer Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment