Thursday, April 15, 2010

Community Supported Agriculture

My husband and I have been vegetarian for 3 months now and I've realized I need to get more organic vegetables in our diet so I'm signing us up for Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). The closest farm to us is Chinook Farms. How it works is I pay an annual fee of $495.00 which will cover 22 weeks of the farm's growing season (June-October) and every Friday I pick up a box of vegetables/fruit/herbs/flowers from the farm and it's enough vegetables to feed 1-2 people. I think it's a very clever and wonderful idea to promote purchases locally and from farms that are certified organic. Call me crazy, but I'd like to know where my food comes from.


(image from A Country Farmhouse)


If you'd like to find a farm close to you, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment