Saturday, January 26, 2013

Madison Park Charmer

My husband and I are wanting to buy another home this year and so I've started to look online to see what's available on the market.  This 1940's home in the Madison Park area of Seattle appears small from the outside but actually has 2,760 of usable square feet and being less than a mile from UW Village...well, need I say more?  The only problem for us at least is we work on the eastside and this home would require us to take a toll bridge to get to/from work.  Right now we're averaging 1+ hour each way to commute and I don't think this would improve the situation, but it's so darn cute it's hard to stay practical.

Fantastic curb appeal!  


I love the hardwood floors and crown molding.  I also like the seller's eclectic taste of traditional and mid-century modern.  


Lots of windows which is important in Seattle as we need all the natural light we can get!



Nice size dining room and I like the darker paint as it makes the room a little more dramatic.  Again, plenty of natural light coming in so the room doesn't feel claustrophobic.


Perfect bar area.


Okay, I have mixed feelings on this kitchen.  On the plus size is it's visually appealing and has a nice flow to it.  Great sink and I like the lighting, tile flooring, and lots of natural light.  On the negative side is if they sellers were going through the expense of the remodel they seemed to fall short on the budget when it came to the granite tile counters.  And to be practical, there's very little storage space for everything.



But I still like it. :-)  Nice little corner for a desk!


Nice sized family room and love the hardwood floors!


I believe this is the master bedroom and the only thing I'm questioning is the flooring to the right of the bed.  Is that a step up to the hardwood floors?  


Cute kid's bedroom!


And one of the best features of this home is the backyard.  Very well maintained and fully fenced so great for dogs.  There's plenty of space for entertaining too!



All in all, a very cute home in a desirable part of Seattle with beautiful homes surrounding it.  I think whoever is lucky enough to purchase it will enjoy it and the neighborhood.  If you want more information on this home, visit HERE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment