Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


(photo by Faded Elegance)


After reading many home decor blogs for the past year, I decided it was time to join the blogosphere. So as I sit here in my pj's, Starbucks coffee nearby, my dog Lucy snoring and my other dog Ricky tearing apart the head of a stuffed animal, I wonder where do I start and how do I do this? What am I possibly going to talk about?


Well, first a little about me. My name is Bethany and I live with my husband Robert in a small town, Snohomish, Washington. My husband and I both grew up in military families and moved throughout our entire childhood. I honestly expected us to have the 'travel bug' and continue moving around once married, but we got hooked on the charm and idiosyncrasies of Snohomish. We purchased a 122 year old home four years ago and it's been fun (sometimes not) remodeling our home. I also work full-time for a professional Northwest sports team (I'll let you guess) and on the side spilled out my obsessive fascination with interior design. So after 20 years of talking about it, I'm FINALLY taking "Introduction to Interior Design" at Bellevue College this Winter quarter.


So, I think this blog will be about the learning process of Interior Design while in school, rants about commuting to/from home/work/school, working in what feels like the "cube farm", and my remodeling projects at home. Oh, and of course, the continued obsession with other interior design blogs.


"Red Poppy" by Georgia O'Keeffe
So why the name Red Poppy Interiors? The first flowers that bloomed when we moved into our home were these large, vibrant red poppies. They are completely amazing with their texture, rich color, and beauty. So in their honor, this blog is christened Red Poppy Interiors.


Enjoy and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment