Friday, January 8, 2010

Project #1

I've been in my class for the first week now and was a little apprehensive at first if I was making the right choice. But we attended a 1 hour orientation at the design lab and saw some of the previous student's portfolio work. It was fun to see other student's work and exciting to know what we had in store for us this quarter.

The first project is to get to know the design business a little better. The teacher wants us to review/interview/attend something design related. You have to choose three subjects so I chose to review the book by architect Thomas Bosworth "Building with Light in the Pacific Northwest" available for purchase HERE


(photo from Houzz of Bosworth Hoedemaker)

The second choice I made was to attend the Bellevue College's seminar on January 20 of Dixie Stark. Dixie is the Founder and Principal of DA Stark Interiors in downtown Seattle and I'm excited to hear her speak at the college.


(photo from DA Stark Interiors)

And the 3rd choice I made for this project is to interview the Interior Designer Marija Mayo of Interior Fix in Everett. She's a wonderful designer that I met on the Snohomish Historic Home Tour years back. You may view her store HERE


(photo from Interior Fix)


So I'll let you know as I finish each of the 3 subjects a little more about what I learn of the design business.

I'm looking forward to this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment