Saturday, May 22, 2010

2010 Snohomish Home Tour

I'm a little late with this post, but last Sunday my husband and I toured several homes for the 2010 Snohomish Home Tour. Several homes stood out to me with clever design ideas.

This home is on a steep hill but the owners took advantage of the slope and have a beautiful perennial garden in the front yard rather than a typical grass lawn. My only suggestion would be to remove the HUGE tree in their front yard which is up against the porch.





Walking up the stairs to the 2nd floor, they took advantage of space and displayed items from all of their travels.



Their front porch was painted with a clever checkerboard pattern. (Husband putting on his shoes)



Next home I liked was a darling 3-story Colonial Revival with Dutch style gambrel roof that had a spectacular view from their backyard.



It was overcast that day so this photo doesn't give the view justice, but imagine the snow top Cascade mountains in your backyard.



I loved the owner's bathroom with the all-white color scheme and vintage feel to it.



Again, another beautiful garden...



This home is newer but the owner Penny and her husband Bill have a beautiful yard and the interior is just as beautiful. I joke with Penny that I drive out of my way each day to work so I can enjoy her yard and she jokes that she does the same each day to see my yard. They have a cute gazebo with vintage chippy paint shutters and candles everywhere.



Exterior photo of their home...



One of the first bathrooms I've seen painted black but I love the beadboard, chandelier, and gorgeous mirror sitting on the vintage tin shelf. I like people that have a sense of humor and I know these two do as there is a tin plaque on the door to the bathroom in French. Typically I've seen plaques that said "La Toilette" but they made it fun and attached the plaque "Musicien" to the bathroom door.



I apologize in advance for the photo quality of these photos but I had the cheap camera which either the flash refused to work or the batteries died twice. This is a couple photos of their office/TV room that has a country French feel to the room. It's a perfect room to relax in!





Penny used to work at the Queen Bee in Snohomish and has a knack of putting together great tablescapes. In her kitchen, she used a higher console table as an island and put glass on the top to protect the painted wood.



At the end of her hallway on the 2nd floor, she put together a great focal point.



Also in the corner of her living room, she draws attention to the corner with flowers and beautiful floral fabric. I noticed she placed her framed pictures partly on the beadboard.



Well, that's it folks with some of the highlights of several homes on the tour. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment