Monday, May 10, 2010

Snohomish's Annual Home Tour

If you live in the Seattle vicinity and love antiques, art, and old homes, you have to attend the 2010 Historic Snohomish Antiques & Art Faire on Saturday, May 15 and Snohomish's Annual Home Tour on Sunday, May 16. You could make a weekend of it and stay at several B&B's in town! I would recommend you stay at the Countryman Bed & Breakfast, eat a great lunch at the Snohomish Bakery & Cafe, take the walking tour of Snohomish, and finish the evening at The Repp with appetizers, wine, and live jazz (May 15th they'll feature Brad Benefield).

As some of you may know, my husband and I were on the tour 2 years ago and it was a lot of hard work but well worth the effort! If you want to get all your home projects finished, simply volunteer to have 500+ strangers walk through your home, and voila, you're motivated to get things done
;-)

Below are some photos of homes that were on the tour last year. For those that can't attend the tour this year, I'll try to take photos of the homes including their interiors.

This home is owned by the artist Mehdi Atelier. He is a wonderful plein aire artist and also a very warm and kind person...the type of person you instantly want to be friends with. My husband and I volunteered at his house for the tour last year and it is incredible (I wish I had taken photos but was distracted by all the great artwork in his home). His artwork can be viewed HERE.



This home is for sale currently and additional photos of the interior and exterior are HERE.



This home was built by John S. White who also built our home.











I hope you make it this year and can view the homes on this tour and see all the local art and antiques!

No comments:

Post a Comment