Monday, January 17, 2011

All About Contrast

This home in Seattle is all about contrast. It's a nice blend of contemporary with a little bit classic/traditional design. It's for sale in Seattle and listed with Windermere Real Estate.

This home is 4,100 square feet and it has elegant curb appeal. I'm not sure what the style of this home would be called but I do like the perfectly trimmed bushes that keep street traffic noise to a minimum and maintains privacy for the home owner.



I absolutely love the painted black gate to the front entry!



Once inside the property, you can see symmetry with the tall trees and manicured bushes on either side of the front door.



The formal living room is very elegant and I love the carpet as it has a subtle pattern to it. The room has very neutral colors on the walls, drapery, and furniture but has a punch of contrast on the dark wood floor.



Did you notice the fabulous horse photograph above the mantel? Melaine from My Sweet Savannah discussed this trend and I have to say I'm a huge fan of it myself! I looked online and found this artist that has beautiful photographs of horses from Sable Island Nova Scotia.



The dining room keeps to the same color scheme with a little color added to the walls with the artwork. The chandelier works perfectly in scale and style with this homeowner's specific taste.



I have mixed feelings about the kitchen as I find it a little "cold" and want a little more warmth added to the room with darker colors, but I do love the antique dining table and painted metallic wood chairs.




The family room is very comfortable and the fantastic artwork above the couch really catches my eye.



The master bedroom continues with the same palette of cream, white, grey, and light tan. The french doors on either side of the bedroom is great in that it adds a lot of natural light to the space!



The office is one of my favorite rooms as the windows are nearly floor to ceiling! We've been considering adding a sun room to our home and I would probably copy the windows as I love how it looks!



If interested in this Seattle home, you may contact either listing agent here.

(all images from Windermere Real Estate)

No comments:

Post a Comment