Monday, February 15, 2010

Laundry Room Remodel

We live in a 122 year old home that's only 1,300 square feet so we have to be creative with the biggest problem...storage. At some point in time, previous owners added this laundry room which is small (5x12) and it also has to function as a mud room. We purchased the front loading washer/dryer with the storage underneath to keep cleaning supplies and I've used baskets above to store toilet paper and laundry supplies.

Next to the back door is the water heater and we hide that behind custom drapes and also sneak in the ironing board and broom/mop. It's not ideal, but we're working with what we have until we can do a complete remodel on the back of the home.

I was stumped on the paint scheme for a long time, until I found "My Sweet Savannah" on HGTV's Rate My Space. She took a narrow hallway and added visual texture to the space by adding horizontal stripes (See HERE). I took her cue, and did the same with our laundry room.


(I need to add two mores stripes to the left but waiting for husband to move the washer out of the way)

You can see the laundry room from the kitchen (which is all restored solid fir wood) and I like the juxtaposition of horizontal painted stripes in the laundry room and the vertical beaded board of the fir wood.

Rate my Space HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment