Friday, July 23, 2010

HGTV and the Firehouse

I've officially given up on HGTV's Design Star. I completely forgot to watch the episode "Flower Power" (that's how interesting it was to me) but I remembered to watch last Sunday night's episode "Firehouse Design". It was a great concept of designing two separate firehouse rooms that the fire fighters relax and hang out in. It sounded like a fun project and definitely one team stood out from the other, but I'm still having a hard time getting into it.

Let's start with the judges. I LOVE Candice Olson but I realize she doesn't speak much in the show. Her usual peppy, positive, funny, outgoing personality seems squashed on this show and I'm not sure why. Vern Yip is not nice or helpful to the contestants. He's snippy with them and as is Genevieve. Could it be the contestants are so bad that the judges have lost interest in the show too?

Let's break down the pros/cons of the losing teams design:



Let's start and end on a positive note. This room would be great for playing "hot lava".



Irritatingly bad! So that's it. I'm done with this show and I'll spare you from any further dialogue about it.

(All images from HGTV's Design Star)

No comments:

Post a Comment