Saturday, July 31, 2010

Nailed It

I was looking through some of my favorite interior photos and noticed 3 rooms had something in common that you don't see every day. Rather than using upholstery nails for furniture, these three homes used them as part of the wall treatment. I have to apologize in advance as I don't remember where the first and last photo came from. The second photo is from a wonderful design team called Elizabeth Kimberly Design.

In this home office/study, they used them as part of the lower panels below the chair rail. It frames out the "alligator" textured wallpaper.



This kitchen used them around the door frame and the cabinetry. It adds that subtle touch of a finished product you rarely see in a room.



More obvious in this photo, they were used in the foyer to frame out the panels with either fabric or wallpaper. I noticed they bring more attention to the family photos.



(Images from Elizabeth Kimberly Design)

No comments:

Post a Comment