Thursday, July 1, 2010

Smart Design

Recently a designer named Joel and his wife Erika of Rethink Design Studio posted some photos of a remodel they did for clients in Savannah GA on HGTV. I love it when I see a great design come together cohesively! They played with contrast and kept the space eclectic and clean with a little "cottage" and a little "modern" throw in.

There is so much I love about this kitchen, where do I start? The first thing that caught my eye was the cow hide stools. Then I loved the painted cabinets, Calcutta Gold countertops and backsplash, Circa light fixtures over the kitchen island, and of course the organized pantry!



The only thing I'm not sure if I like or not is the ceiling mounted light fixtures. I find it a little distracting and probably would have chosen recessed lighting, but that's just me. Other than that, it's beautiful!



Love the painted cabinets!



All the natural light really brightens the kitchen.



This dining room really makes my heart pitter patter. I love the beadboard ceiling, bare bulb chandelier, cool sconces on the wall to bring attention to the b/w photos of their children, french doors, tall windows to bring in the view of the outside, and I could go on and on about this room.



Sigh. I love it!



(All images from HGTV's Rate My Space and Rethink Design Studio)

No comments:

Post a Comment