Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tapenade

I stopped by one of my favorite garden store this afternoon called Ravenna Gardens. They had a cookbook I bought called "Discover Cooking with Lavender" written by local author Kathy Gehrt.



I tried their "Tapenade with Capers and Lavender" for dinner along with fresh fruit, cheese, and artisan crackers. It was great! I highly recommend you try this recipe and I only made a slight modification with adding the Herbes de Provence (recipe called for 1 tsp Mediterranean Seasoning).

1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained
1 can (6 ounces) whole artichokes, drained and quartered
1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, large stems removed
1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finally chopped or passed through a garlic press
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup capers, drained

Place all ingredients in a food processor (which I couldn't find and in a moment of panic used a coffee bean grinder...not the best choice but it worked) and mix well until blended.

Serve on crackers or bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment